Hoteldeal4u.com are an affiliate of Gulliver Ireland. Below is the privacy and security policy of Gulliver Ireland for all bookings made on this site.
Privacy and Security Policy
We collect general information about each individual visitor’s experience of our website. This includes your Internet Protocol address, browser types, referring pages, pages visited, time spent on the site etc. Individuals cannot be identified by this information and we use it, like cookies (see below) to improve the site and to get better at giving our customers that they are looking for.
The newsletter sign up form allows you to register for our regular newsletters. This means that you will be the first to hear about last minute deals, special offers, discounts and new products and services. We send this newsletter to you by email, and we collect your email address for this purpose. Our email management provider (Newsweaver) processes the sending out of our newsletter. Our email management provider is located in Ireland. For more information on Newsweaver see http://www.newsweaver.ie/
This site contains links to other websites. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of such websites.
You have the right to obtain a copy of the information that we hold about you. You can also request that we rectify or erase any information that we hold about you, if that information is incorrect. If you wish to exercise these rights please email us at email@example.com.
Further information on your data privacy rights are available on the website of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner http://www.dataprotection.ie/.
When making an accommodation booking on our website we collect your name, address, email address as well as your credit or debit card number and expiry date. We use this information to process your booking. We also ask for your telephone number so you can be contacted if any issue arises. When you book, your information is encrypted and passed through a secure server. We retain this information for 84 days after your booking, to deal with any queries you or the Accommodation Provider may have after your stay.
We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone without your consent or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for the purposes of contacting you or sending you emails, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of your use of the Gulliver booking system, based on your request for information and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our contract with you.
Registration with the Gulliver booking system is optional and you don’t have to register to make a booking. Registered users are recognised by the system, so you can cancel bookings online and book a series of properties to create itineraries. Also, you don’t have to retype all your details every time you make a booking.
Security remains the primary concern of on-line consumers. The Thawte Secure Site Program allows you to learn more about websites you visit before you submit any confidential information.
None of our on-line customers have reported fraudulent use of a credit or debit card as a result of a booking through our service. We are confident about the transaction security we offer on this site and back every booking with a security guarantee, as follows:-
- Our secure server software encrypts all your personal information including credit or debit card number, name and address. The encryption process takes the characters you enter and converts them into bits of code that are then securely transmitted over the Internet.
- In the event of unauthorised use of your credit or debit card, most banks and card issuers either cover all the charges or may limit your liability to just €63.
- If your bank or card issuer holds you liable, we will cover your liability up to €63 provided that the unauthorised use of your credit or debit card resulted through no fault of your own from bookings made through the site while using the secure server.
- This guarantee only applies to credit or debit card purchases made using our secure server and not other services that may be available from the websites.
- This guarantee covers a total maximum liability of €63.
- In the event of unauthorised use of your credit or debit card, you must notify your card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
To give you an additional layer of security, all credit or debit card numbers are stored on a computer that is not connected to the Internet. After you type in your complete card number, it is transferred to this secure machine across a proprietary one-way interface. This computer is not accessible by network or modem and the number is not stored anywhere else.